Wednesday, July 16, 2014

This One is for You Joy...

My daughter Joy called me last night to complain because I have not updated my blog with new pictures!... ha ha ... well - there is a reason for that.. there has been little progress in the last few days and what has been done - is hard to photograph... but here you go!

First - a reason for some delay.. we are getting rain again.  It was time as the fields were getting dry.  thank you Lord for the rain!!!  ... but I will be glad when the house is completely dried in so that the rain stays outside!!

This picture is for Joy... yesterday the AC guys came and placed the airhandlers and drain pans way up high in the attic.  I have no clue how they got them up there though! 

This is kind of hard to see, but this is the master 'water closet'.. just a toilet in a separate room with the staircase above it.

This is my closet and one of my girlfriends had a great idea.  This closet is much larger than I thought it was going to be...

..so Debbie suggested I take this back area and make it a sewing room!!  I love that idea!!
 
The roof cupula's were delivered yesterday.  I hope the roofers and framers come today.  The roofers need to put shingles on the cupula roof and the framers will put the cupulas on the roof.  I am so thankful they came in 3 pieces so they are not as heavy!!  This is the bottom and the roof..

..and this is the center piece.

 
I have come to the conclusion that trying to act as the contractor in building your own house is a lot like trying to HERD CATS!
 

1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

So exciting to see it coming together.

Hugs,
Kat