Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Working on Myself!

Well believe it or not, I have weaned myself off of caffeine!  It took about a week to do it, as I preferred to not do this cold turkey.. so I just slowly decreased the amount I consumed each day until that last day, where I did not drink any Diet Dr. Pepper, which was my preferred intake.  That last day I did not think my body would notice... but I was WRONG!  I felt like sleeping all day and I had a light hum of a headache that evening... but I did it.  I never cared for coffee - so that is not a temptation for me..

So round 2 begins today.  I seriously need to address the inches and weight I have gained in the last few years.  In part due to just plain eating too much... in part due to my work schedule changing and me not being able to go to my Zumba classes, and in part due to my hysterectomy and trying to get my hormones back into alignment.  The later and lack of testosterone caused my body to replace precious muscle with fat... uggghhh.  So even though I only gained 10 pounds, my body looked like I gained 20.

I am sure you have heard of clean eating, well that is the route I am going.  I am using a 'system' and I have a coach, which I think is something I will need... but I do not want to tell you about it until I really feel that this program works.  I do not want to give credit to a company if I am not fully satisfied... so here we go:

Day 1 - my weight this morning was 140.4


1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

I think that if the Lord says this about my body.... I should take very good care of this gift!

1 comment: