Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Update on Me!

So a while back I decided it was now or never to try and correct some of my bad eating habits and to get these 15 pounds off that had crept onto my body since my late 40's.  A part of me was starting to give up and just settle, but do you know what?  I do not think we are ever to just 'settle'!  

About that time, one of my girlfriends whom I only saw about 2 times a month started to lose weight.  The first time I saw her and noticed, she casually mentioned that she was doing a clean eating/nutritional cleansing program.  Well 2 weeks later when I saw her again, I was shocked!  She looked amazing.  Her tummy was flat, her clothes were loose and I could even see a difference in her face.....and her skin was just glowing!

I had to know more.  She kept going on and on about how great she felt and I kept going on and on about how great she looked.  My focus was getting the extra weight off only at that point.  She gave me the name of her nutritional coach and I gave her a call.  

I gave myself a week to prepare for the changes I was going to make and used the time to wean myself slowly off of the massive amounts of Diet Dr. Pepper I was drinking ...and one day as I was going through my closet, I pulled out one of my favorite dresses.  I knew it would not fit, but I wanted to see how far off I was.... yeah... I was FAR OFF.  I did not try to zip it because I was afraid it might rip the dress!  This is the dress, which I left hanging in plain sight for inspiration.. 


..and here I am now wearing my little black dress comfortably and ready to go out on a date!!  I have lost 14 pounds and still losing.  I am completely delivered off of caffeine, diet pills and no longer crave packaged food that is jam packed full of excito-toxins and void of nutrition!  


My friend was right.  I feel amazing and it is not just about getting the pounds off.  I feel energized.  I feel happy and goal minded again.  I want to do things and not just sit on the sofa and watch TV like I used to.  This has changed the way I feel about myself, about taking care of the body God gave me and because of that, I decided to become a coach as well!!!   

..and just a few stats:  I am 52 years old.  I am 5'6" and now weigh in the upper 120's.  I had to have a complete hysterectomy several years back - so I know the struggles of hormone fluctuation and what it does to your metabolism.  I have not had plastic surgery - unless you count the surgery I had when I was 6 on  my cheek for the removal of a large scar! 

5 comments:

cara said...

I haven't checked into your blog for quite a while....you look amazing!!

I am kind of in the same boat you were in....only I'm 58 and need to lose the 15. How in the world did you do it? Can you point me to a program? I'm in the country so a personal trainer is not in the cards for me.

I love your blog.

MEME said...

please update soon!how are you and how is your house coming along? will check back!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous - now off to have your hair styled, manicure and pedicure, make up done and whiten those teeth. And when all that is finished - A NEW WARDROBE. Girlfriend, you are a world-killer. Keep up the good work. I am so proud of your accomplishments. Ann

vivian said...

hey Julie! I missed this post and have been thinking about you for the last few days wondering how the house was coming along and what you were up too. Great pic of you. I soooo need to lose weight and get healthy! You should come back to your blog and coach us through it!
anyways my friend.. miss ya!
take care
xoxo
vivian

khach san said...

Design class hotel http://bit.ly/2wpkKuR